is it still active? Plan/Idea

the SFlan is one of the biggest success storys of a city combining all there Wifi and makeing a huge network across the whole city. i know we tryd it here in auckland but there wasnt enough intrest. frankly if i had knowen at the time i would have. i stumbled across this site because i read about the SFlan (San Fransisco LAN) and thought what a good idea for auckland.

im guesing distance is the problem....what about DIY solutions?

formatting link
i have hurd of people getting a good 15km & more off these. but would things like this extend the reach of the wifi network?

i tried it and got about 3k as i live in a valley i got receiption from anywea in the valley but not out of it.

i ran an IPTV Service from my desktop PC drive around with my laptop and got about 2.5\\3k streamed live tv from my tv card and then movie files off my PC.

id like to c this up and going again...but the problem is the lack of getting the info out there. most people never hurd of this site.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
i_killd_JFK
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.