Is it possible to set a specific IP address when coming into a web page by browser?

Can someone just point me in the right direction to set my IP address to a specific IP address while coming into a specific web site?

It would be useful to impersonate a different specific domain when I visit a particular web site. I know about OperaTor, which works fine, but it comes in with an arbitary IP address - I have a specific IP address in mind that I need to come in as.

I'm on Windows XP but can install Linux if that's what it takes to assume a specific IP address.

Is there a pointer to a method of setting a specific IP address when coming into any particular web page?

Reply to
harold robinson
Loading thread data ...

You can't do this. Communication with a web page is a two way process. If they don't have your real IP address, or that of the proxy such Tor, then there is no way for the web page to send any data back to you.

Reply to
Stray Cat

You don't know shit about Tor or Opera for that matter.

Reply to
Ari©

Responses like this to a legitimate query are why I seldom post to these groups. Who needs to be slimed for asking a question?

Reply to
BuckMulligan

Don't stop a trend.

How about people who say "I seldom...." then they go about doing what they seldom claim to do?

Reply to
Ari©

"Seldom" means sometimes, but not often. I seldom post here.

In any case, I can dispence with your presence. Zap!

Reply to
BuckMulligan

SHUT UP EELBASH!

Reply to
Borked Pseudo Mailed

No. The IP address also controls how the packets get routed back to you. If you're not on that particular IP address then no packets would get routed back to you.

Why would you want/need to do this?

And your helpful answer here is, what? Nothing? If you're going to whine, at least add something helpful.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Buck passed the Buck which is why I told him to f*ck....off.

Reply to
Ari©

no doubt to do something illegal

he wants the impossible and is now throwing a fit because it IS impossible.

Reply to
Borked Pseudo Mailed

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.