Is it possible?

Ok, I have 2 identical wireless routers. They're Linksys Wireless G 2.4 GHZ routers. I have router 1 hooked up to my cable modem acting as the router for my network both wired and wirelessly. Router 2 is not hooked up at all. What I'm wanting to do is hook up router 2 in another room and have it connect to router 1 wirelessly. I would like to be able to hook up wired devices to router 2 and have the data travel from router 2 to router 1 to get out to the internet. I'm trying to avoid running a stretch of Cat 5 between the two routers basically. Is this possible? If so, any walkthroughs on the setup anywhere?

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
mercury049
Loading thread data ...

Specifically what Linksys units and version numbers. If an earlier version on one of them, you could reflash with DDRT and have it act like a client.

But it would be MUCH easier (plug and play) to simply get a Linksys WAP54G and run it in client or bridge mode.

Reply to
DTC

Yep, if you can load DD-WRT on the second one it'd work nicely. I've done it for several units and it works pretty well.

Check the dd-wrt.com website to see if the model you've got will work properly.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.