Is it easy to add another level of privacy to this nastigram email?

If a friend sends a nastigram email to her own employer that she doesn't wish to be traced, assuming she writes it so that social engineering doesn't catch her through her "content", is there anything else I should recommend she do than the following to ensure a reasonable level of privacy (using Windows XP)?

1. Download and install macmakeup
    formatting link
    macmakeup to change your ethernet id for your wireless card

1. Download and install operator
    formatting link
    operator to connect to the web hiding your identity

2. Go to any other free non-login isp site

a) Change your mac id b) Use operator to get a google gmail account (do not use yahoo) c) send your email d) change your mac id e) never use that gmail account again (so you don't have to worry about tors knowing your password, which they will).

What else can reasonably be done to hide your identity when sending an email nastigram?

Reply to
Donita Luddington
Loading thread data ...

Why are you asking this here? Anyway, use an anonymous remailer chain; 3 encrypted hops should do it. It's the _only_ true way to send nastigrams in a totally anonymous fashion. Look it up. Otherwise, if your boss thinks it's you, he'll figure it out. Or someone will.

Reply to
Warren Oates

I never can get anonymous remailers working. Even TORs were a pain (even with privoxy/tor/vidalia) before OperaTor. At least with OperaTor, it works first time, every time. The Tor bundles were a nightmare for me to get working.

Same with anonymous smtp remailers. And nntp protection too!

Is there an anonymous remailer that people would recommend that actually works on the first Windows installation attempt?

BTW, what group does this question belong into?

Reply to
Donita Luddington

Yes. Do it with your email client, your clipboard, and PGP. Start with Dizum.

alt.privacy.anon-server

it's a venerable newsgroup, carried by every nntp provider. How did you come up with alt.internet.wireless?

Note that if you use Tor, and if you have Java enabled, your IP address is hanging out there for god and everyone to see. It's not a Tor problem, don't complain to them.

Reply to
Warren Oates

Hi Warren Oates, Assuming Thunderbird on Windows for the mail user agent, I'm not sure what the Windows clipboard is for??? And, if this is a note to be sent to an employer, essentially whistleblowing, how would PGP encryption help?

Google group searching for the topic came up almost blank so must be few people or my keywords must be lacking. L

Reply to
Donita Luddington

Doesn't "OperaTor" automatically disable Java?

formatting link

Reply to
Donita Luddington

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.