iPhone Worm Hits Australia

What is your objection to jailbreaking exactly? This worm won't hit the knowledgeable, so what's the problem?

Reply to
Warren Oates
Loading thread data ...

The CLUELESS, obviously.

Reply to
News

I simply don't want to risk my own iPhone jailbreaking it. Just to be able to run software I might write myself.

Reply to
Per Rønne

The problem which needs addressing is why is the phone in jail to begin with

seems like a shit policy forcing the breaks

Reply to
atec7 7

Now, now. Unkind to point out the emperor's lack of clothes...

Reply to
News

I did have on hese phones for about a week and sold it going back to the old k-mate ( ole faithful)

Reply to
atec7 7

I can only agree if what you mean is that Apple has been too restrictive when coming to access to APIs in their public SDK.

Some object that iPhone OS won't allow third party applications to run in the background [Apple's own built-in applications already do].

In particular I object to the lack of APIs to the internal calendar and alarm database - which would give access to MobileMe and Exchange Server and to setting up alarms from Personal Information Managers like Pocket Informant and DateBk6. The built-in iCal calendar is beneath contempt, Pocket Informant can't run as good as it could - and DateBk6 won't be available on the platform before Apple changes its policy.

But of course the firms behind these PIMs will not use jailbreaking to get access to what they need. The access has to be through the proper iPhone SDK APIs. From Apple.

Reply to
Per Rønne

What I mean is apple needs to let go after a week a couple of hacks and opening the phone up I had enought of the restriction and dumped the phone

with good reason I think

I am told several other o/s run things well with less apple interference .. ?

Reply to
atec7 7

As an outside observer, I'm surprised to learn that the iCal app is beneath contempt. I (wrongly) assumed that the coveted lower case leading 'i' in its name meant it was top notch.

Reply to
Char Jackson

For a Mac user, synchronization is essential. I used to use a Palm Treo

- but Palm dropped Mac support.

Reply to
Per Rønne

Certainly not. And even though the iCal on Mac is much better than the iCal on the iPhone, it too isn't worth much. It doesn't even support ISO week numbers or proper tasks.

I've now turned to BusyCal which seem to evolve.

Reply to
Per Rønne

Changing the ringtone to a Rick Astley song. Imagine the embarrassment when your phone rings.

Peter.

Reply to
Bandwidth

Perhaps. I use the application but have no intention of purchasing extra facilities to it.

Reply to
Per Rønne

You win!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

All the rick phone ring suggest is gay>and takes in the ring some blokes are like that

Reply to
atec7 7

What I want to know is "Who is Rick Astley?"

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Well he aint Carmen Miranda

Reply to
atec7 7

formatting link

Reply to
Jon Ribbens

Oh, *that* Rick.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I should hope not.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.