Internet re-connection after being droped.

I have a wireless Data Link Model # DWL 650+ installed in my dell c-500 laptop, and the router is a Data Link Model # DL 614+. The wireless router and my cordless phone are both using the same freq. (2.4 gig) and when the phone rings the laptop is unable to browse, checking the the Datalink manager shows the quality and strength of the signal to be in the +95% range and also i have x4 disabled due to seeing this mentioned in other posts. Entering into the ipconfig, i notice the default gateway is now blank where normally it had an address. I am using windows 2000 pro SP4. My problem seems to be getting the connection to re-establish without having to completely re-boot. Is there a way to re-establish the browser to the internet without having to re-boot, which with win2k takes much time. Also, can two 2.4 gig applications work in same house or is the coreless going to have to go? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Happy New Year.

Reply to
Roland
Loading thread data ...

Roland wrote: Also,

Change the channel used for the network (there are 11 of em), or optionally, some phones (very few) have a channel switch (usually 3 positions), I have a few devices that use 2.4 (I hate cables and have a lot of wireless toys). There where only two toys that caused problems, but I could minimize the problem to where it wouldn't cause long term problems (Baby monitor... Wife said the kid couldnt go so I changed the networks channel. But the one that seemed to cause the most problem, was the wireless multimedia transmitter for the projection tv, (network caused horizontal bars on the projected image), couldn't make it work by changing channels, so I had to decide between a WiFI or cordless transmitter for the TV... sorry to say, I had to resort to a (gasp) wire for the projection TV)

Reply to
Peter Pan

having

you might try ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew

if this dont work you might try disabling and re-enabling the wireless adapter.

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.