internet connection

I have a wireless network that runs on a linksys BEFW11S4. I have another network that has internet on it. Is there away to use the internet connection on the linksys wireless. Other than sharing it threw a computer and I don't have a bridge. But I do have a D LINK dwl-800ap+ and another router. Thanks

Reply to
Ed Williams
Loading thread data ...

Taking a moment's reflection, Ed Williams mused: | | I have a wireless network that runs on a linksys BEFW11S4. I have another | network that has internet on it. Is there away to use the internet | connection on the linksys wireless. Other than sharing it threw a computer | and I don't have a bridge. But I do have a D LINK dwl-800ap+ and another | router.

Either connect the BEFW11S4 directly to the modem (assuming you have broadband), or run a Cat5 from your "other" router (which would be hooked to your internet source) to a port (not the WAN port) of the BEFWx ... it will then operate as a wireless switch. The other router would then handle the DHCP and network "stuff."

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.