Internet Camera

Hi well, this is a suburb of Stockport in Cheshire, UK. About 12 miles south of Manchester in NW UK. We are just going through a thaw after snow on Christmas day (quite rare)... on a good day the view on the horizon would be part of the Pennine Hills chain (the backbone of UK...as they say here). They looked very pretty with the snow and sunshine on them, but now its dusk so the limitations of the cam are beginning to show..but Im very pleased with it so far.

The street is the minor road into the local village.. not very picturesque..but at least its got moving objects!!!

Pepper> Disregard---- your link works after hitting the view link.

Reply to
Gingangooli
Loading thread data ...

Whoops.. limitations of 4 users max does not make a good combination when you give your URL to the world. I cant access my own cam now. So ...sorry I have got to disable this "global" access :-(

Makes note... "Limitati> Hi well, this is a suburb of Stockport in Cheshire, UK. About 12 miles

Reply to
Gingangooli

Sigh. I believe I am reasonably educated, although not necessarily in the world of networking. Alas, the written word does not easily express the emotion with which it was composed. The word "conned" can be used in various ways, I believed I was using it fairly correctly, in the sense that there was not obvious mention in the user guide of the IP address required for remote access of the "internet camera" via an ISP. If it is there and I missed it then so be it and I would be more than happy to admit such an oversight in advance.

As far as I can tell, the issue here was not to do with port forwarding, although I would be the first to admit that in the "field of networking" the definition of "port forwarding" might be of relevence.

The actual problem was traced (courtesy of more informed persons here)to the incorrect selection of the IP address required for insertion as a browser entry. The correct answer provided actually confirmed that I had set up port forwarding correctly in terms of port selection against the cameras IP address.

Finally, without sensing the emotion with which YOU composed your reply, I am allowed to use the word "conned", as freedom of speech is still possible in my part of the world, and unless you happen to be a legal representative of Linksys or its subsidiaries I feel free to use it as required. Even if it is not considered "Queens English" or grammatically correct.

Thank You.

Reply to
Gingangooli

guess he couldn't connect and felt you conned him.

Reply to
bumtracks

snip

Nope... I said what I said.

BS, Flamer, Idiot, Killfile, etc....

Reply to
Gingangooli

'WEP only' is true on many camera's and other network devices too. A few routers do have settings to allow both WEP and WPA clients to connect at the same time...SMC2804WBRP-G is one. I'd like to know if these dual WEP/WPA routers offer any additional hack security to keep the neighbor kid out as opposed to using settings for straight all around 100%.WEP on the Router &Clients.

Reply to
bumtracks

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.