Internal Wireless Adapter Corrupt?

i have a gateway ma2 laptop with an internal wireless (Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG connection). Every time i connect to the internet my computer freezes. When i checked the device manager it was corrupt so i deleted it and restarted the computer. But when i connect to the internet the problem occurs again. I've ran anti-virus and there are no viruses on my comp. My roommate has an external linksys wireless g card that i installed on my computer and so far it doesn't seem to be freezing. Since it works with the external card i'm assuming the internal card is corrupt. does anyone have any ideas on how i can fix my internal card or is buying a wireless card the best/cheapest option?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
lms0619
Loading thread data ...

Try a firmware upgrade

formatting link

Reply to
curly Bill

I'll assume you're running XP Home SP2.

I don't think it's suppose to do that.

You deleted the device manager?

Which problem? The hung computer or the corrupted device manager?

Try the Intel 2200BG Proset device driver. It's usually later and better than whatever you installed.

It's also possible that the 2200BG has a problem. I had something similar with an IBM something laptop that turned out to be a tiny piece of chrome plating that somehow lodged itself in the MiniPCI connector under the 2200BG. Pull the 2200BG, clean, and try again.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.