Intel Proset Wireless malfunction

If this icon is for the Intel configuration utility, you don't need it if using Wireless Zero Configuration (let Window manage this connection). This is just a shortcut to the device properties, which you should be able to access from Device Manager anyway. The power on/off might not work (if there is a switch for this), but nothing else should be affected. If this icon is the XP SP2 wireless connection icon, it can be accessed from the wireless connection properties from the checkbox to show the icon when connnected. It is possible that icon is not set to always show in the taskbar properties. Right-click the start button to access the icon display properties.

Q Q
Reply to
Quaoar
Loading thread data ...

A few weeks ago, soon after downloading MS Service Pack 2, I lost the Intel Proset icon in my system tray. I'm on a Dell 600m running Windows XP Home. When I tried to load the utility, it just hung. So I uninstalled it, and re-installed it from my Dell Resource CD. Now I get an error message that a component file is missing. So it still won't load. My wireless connection seems to work fine without it. So I'm wondering, do I need it? And if so, how do I install it so it works?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike Goodman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.