Intel Pro Wireless

Hi

Does anyone have issues with the Intel Pro Wireless Software and windows Vista. Cant seem to get the software to work. Constant error message "iconvrtr.exe" program error. Anyone with a similar problem. Just downloaded the latest Intel software and driver from dell and Intel with the same results.

Reply to
Elliot Streete
Loading thread data ...

"Elliot Streete" hath wroth:

Cant seem to get the software to work. Constant error message "iconvrtr.exe"

Intel software and driver from dell and Intel with the same results.

Do you really expect anyone to help if you don't bother to specify the Dell model, Intel wireless card model, or the source and version of the driver that you installed?

Incidentally, it's called Intel Proset, not Pro.

Downloads for Windows* XP and Windows Vista*

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Hi

Does anyone have issues with the Intel Pro Wireless Software and windows Vista. Cant seem to get the software to work. Constant error message "iconvrtr.exe" program error. Anyone with a similar problem. Just downloaded the latest Intel software and driver from dell and Intel with the same results.

Reply to
Andreas Forster

On Wed, 2 May 2007 14:25:09 -0400, "Andreas Forster" wrote in :

Inspiron 1505 with windows Vista Business. My wireless card is the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG. The driver / software version is Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software Version 11.1 for Windows Vista

Please turn off the HTML in your newsreader (plain text only), and set hard line wrap at 80 characters or less. Otherwise your posts are too hard to read in normal newsreaders. Thanks.

Reply to
John Navas

"Andreas Forster" hath wroth:

No problem. Your news software isn't wrapping the lines correctly. I'm seeing one very long line for your message.

Thanks. It's current and should work.

Pro3945ABG:

Drivers for Vista Pro Business:

11.1.0.86/9.0.4.33 is the current version.

I did some Googling for the specific iconvrtr.exe error and didn't find anything. My best suggestion is to:

1. Uninstall Proset using add/remove
  2. Roll back the operating system using System Restore to before you installed the new driver and try again. Vista automagically creates a restore point for every time you install or remove a driver, so you should be able to easily find the location.
  3. If there was an older Dell Proset driver installed (after the system restore rollback), uninstall it.
  4. Reinstall the latest Proset while logged in as administrator. The "run as adminstrator" seems to have problems with some applications. Try it this way:

If that doesn't work, try asking the same question in the Dell Forums.

or try calling Dell support. I searched the forums for various mutations of "iconvrtr.exe" and didn't find anything. Be sure to supply the EXACT error message. Do not parphrase. Also, at what point does the error appear.

There is one Vista issue that you'll probably run into after the error message goes away.

I'm seeing this especially with 802.11b only routers and Vista.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
Nick

Nick hath wroth:

Did you try it this way (see below) avoiding the "run as administrator" problem? It has worked well for me.

It's almost certainly an installation issue with Vista and/or Proset. I suspect there are going to be such weirdness until MS issues the first service pack for Vista.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.