intel pro /wireless 3945 abg transmission issue

Hi,

a few days ago I updated my wireless driver to the latest version. Everything seemed to work fine, download, connection and so on... A day later I noticed that I surprisingly often get connection timeouts when sending emails. Uploading postings to newsgroup took a long time resulting in a timeout as well. It is reproducible that I am not able to send packages of let's say bigger than a few kb. Even if I comment on the received email text rather than deleting the received text and beginning a new email, the transmission fails (so it's maybe only a few byte I can send). This effect does only apply to my computer, other computer can access the router (billion BiPAC 7300GA with latest fw, now) and send as big packages as they want. When I logon to another access point I do not face this problem (the same problem with sending via web interface or email client).

I currently downgraded to my old driver 10.1.0.11 (using WindowsXP btw.), but the problem is the same. I assume that the problem has to do with the intel wireless settings in device manager/properties for this device/advanced (maybe the latest driver changed the settings). However I do not know how to change these settings to get a working connection.

That problems seems very strange to me. It would be fine, if anyone could help,

Thank you,

gbr

Reply to
gbr
Loading thread data ...

Just one comment: When I directly connect to the router (LAN) everthing works fine...

Reply to
gbr

Hi, Try previous driver again. Think latest one is buggy.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

No ideas? Anybody can suggest another news group, which could solve that issue?

Thanks,

gbr

Reply to
gbr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.