Intel 2200bg connection drops

Hello All,

I have two notebooks, a winxp sp2 home ed. having an internal intel

2200bg and a win2k pro using an external usb 802.11b network adaptor from Blitzz, both are configured to be in adhoc mode, and use 128bit wep.

My problem is that the connection is dropped every 10 minutes (from the winxp that has intel card, I never see any disconnections from win2k that has a usb adaptor). I checked the statistics for intel wireless card, and the most notable thing was around 80% transmit errors. The statistics for the usb adaptor say no errors at all. Both adaptors have excellent signal reception (100%).

I tried lowering the transmit rate: in win2k I changed the tx rate into

5.5Mb/s, but I couldn't find the settings to set the rate in winxp (where are they anyway ?! In Intel Pro/set utility there wasn't anything to set the rate), and this new configuration only caused the usb adaptor to send in 5.5 but it still receives data at 11, and the transmit errors are still at around 80%

How can I resolve the issue ?

Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Regards,

Reply to
Someone
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.