Installation problems

hey all,

I will run things through from start to finish, so you can actually answer my question, which is : WHY wont my computer boot, and why did it burn up my ram???

Building from scratch::

450w PSU ASUS P5K-SE mobo E4400 Core 2 duo w/fan combo 2 x 1g Kingston DDR 667 non-ECC unbuffered ram ASUS GeForce7600GT Silent WD Caviar 120g SATA HDD 2x CD IDE 1x Floppy

HOW IT WENT DOWN:

Placed mobo into the case (did not ensure it was properly grounded at the time, have since fixed), installed the drives, HD an video card, as well as the RAM to the specified slots (A1 + B1). Connected the case wires, and power supply to all of the components.

Test #1: Tried starting the computer, and it would turn on to a blank screen (no bios beeping) and would just idle there.

Test #2: Took all connections apart, reconnected (step by step) , reset the CRAM/CROM(watever) as per manual, and the fan would start, but only for half a second before shut off.

Test #3: Took board out of case, and started it up (no bios beeps) and noticed a smell...turned off the comp. My Ram got burned.

EDIT: Test #4 Took ram out, started up, and it shuts down after a few seconds, and then starts up (still no bios or beeps)

WHAT the hell could this be????????????

your help is MUCH appreciated.

poot

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
poot
Loading thread data ...

WTF does this have to do with wireless?

Reply to
Larry Finger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.