Instable wireless connection at boot

I have a modem-router wireless and when at window xp boot I need to connect with internet via wireless the connection is very instable. In a few of seconds the connection go down and immediatly go up about three times and at the third time the connection is definetively out. I've changed a lot of time the configuration of the modem and of the notebook but with the same results. The only way to connect my modem to internet is to restore the parameters of the connection using the menu in the task bar wireless icon. After this I can connect and disconnect the modem all the times I need becouse this problem, for the same day, is solved (!!!???!!!). Have you any idea about how to solve this question forever?

Reply to
john Voight
Loading thread data ...

"john Voight" hath wroth:

Are you sure it was "instable" at boot? Or are you coming out of hibernate or standby?

Any particular router? Any particular model notebook? Any particular type of wireless device inside the notebook? Latest version drivers for the wireless card in the notebook and in the unspecified model wireless router? (Hint: Numbers are helpful).

I've seen what you describe on a Dell something laptop with a Netgear WG511 v2 card. Using Windoze Wireless Zero Config, the wireless card would fail to restart after hibernate and often fail to reconnect manually. However, when I disable WZC and use the supplied Netgear Client Manager, everything works as expected. If your unspecified wireless device has a seperate client manager supplied by the vendor, you might want to try it instead of WZC.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

My notebook do not come from ibernate or sleep mode. Only and simply boot. I've an hp pavillon notebook and a USRobotics modem-router. The wireless device is intel. In anyway I've tryed the wireless appllication of Intel instead that is inside XP. That application has the same effect of the XP software and cause the changing of the start menu of Windows from the classic view. My wireless driver is the most recent avaliable. With "Wireless Zero Config" do you mean the window where there is the configuration of the wireless device?

Reply to
john Voight

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.