Inspiron E1505 WiFi Pbm

Occasionally when I disconnect from my wired lan and attempt to go wireless with the Inspiron E1505, I am unable to connect with the WiFi. When I use Fn+F2 to turn on the Radios, only the Bluetooth is on and the WiFi is dark. The system setting is for both to come on/off with Fn+F2, but it apparently isn't reliable. Only solution is to reboot, and then for a while the WiFi will work but after a few on/of cycles it will fail to come on again and then the only solution is to reboot. Any idea how I can reset the WiFi modem without rebooting or otherwise solve this problem? Thanks very much, -Harry

Reply to
H
Loading thread data ...

x-posted to Dell & Laptops newsgroup-

Reply to
ps56k

Are there more up-to-date drivers to install? If not, this could simply be a failing internal wifi card. Dell used two different wireless cards in this model. If it has a Centrino designation, it has an Intel wireless card, either 3945 or 4965. Otherwise it is a Dell-branded card with Broadcom chip. The Intel cards are generally favored for better range and reliability, as well as a better bit of software for management of wifi connections. Replacement of one of these cards is easy, and they are inexpensive to buy... Ben Myers

Reply to
Ben Myers

What happens when you try to use Repair or Diagnose?

Reply to
Kevin Childers

Have you checked in Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager the status of this device?

Reply to
John Doue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.