Inexpensive Point-To-Point Bridge For 600-700 Feet?

Hi,

I need to connect a small LAN to a larger LAN that's about 600 feet away. I have clear line of sight. I'm unable to run a cable between the two locations.

I have a pair of D-Link 2100APs but was never able to get them to work as a reliable P2P bridge.

I would love to use the antenna cables and panel antennas from the D-Links if possible, and save the few $hundred expense of new cables and antennas. But the 2100APs simply _would not work_ as a bridge. Lousy firmware was the explanation I got back then.

Any suggestions?

Or - can someone confirm that whatever firmware revision D-Link's up to on the 2100APs will actually _work_ consistently if they're set to be a P2P bridge?

Thanks.

Reply to
monkey.omen
Loading thread data ...

Why try and use it as a bridge, and not an AP-to-Client setup?

Look into the DWL-810+, which allows a wired device to become wireless. Maybe that'll work instead of hooking two 2100's together.

Chris

Reply to
NetSteady

I don't want a wired device to become wireless; I need to connect two segments of a LAN. I can easily get _one_ machine connected on the other end, but short of making that machine a router and NATing that section of the network, that doesn't do me any good for the other machines in that area.

Last time I tried the 2100APs they had firmware 1.03 ... they're up to

2.0 now, so maybe I'll give that a try.
Reply to
monkey.omen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.