In need of set up help

Hi I have been completely dumb but please bear with me !! I have an existing Broadband (Zyxel) account that gets to my PC via USB from a modem router. I have bought a Belkin Wireless G+ mimo modem router and a USB Wireless adapter. The problem is that to set the modem router up it needs to be connected to the PC via a cable going to the Lan (on the PC) which doesn't exist. My question (plea): can I configure this manually and if so would somebody to be kind enough to let me know as plainly as possible how to do it. I need to get this working as the option to replace the purchase is problematic as I live miles from the store. Big Thanks In Advance for any help offered....Hi I have been completely dumb but please bear with me !! I have an existing Broadband (Zyxel) account that gets to my PC via USB from a modem router. I have bought a Belkin Wireless G+ mimo modem router and a USB Wireless adapter. The problem is that to set the modem router up it needs to be connected to the PC via a cable going to the Lan (on the PC) which doesn't exist. My question (plea): can I configure this manually and if so would somebody to be kind enough to let me know as plainly as possible how to do it. I need to get this working as the option to replace the purchase is problematic as I live miles from the store. Big Thanks In Advance for any help offered....Hi I have been completely dumb but please bear with me !! I have an existing Broadband (Zyxel) account that gets to my PC via USB from a modem router. I have bought a Belkin Wireless G+ mimo modem router and a USB Wireless adapter. The problem is that to set the modem router up it needs to be connected to the PC via a cable going to the Lan (on the PC) which doesn't exist. My question (plea): can I configure this manually and if so would somebody to be kind enough to let me know as plainly as possible how to do it. I need to get this working as the option to replace the purchase is problematic as I live miles from the store. Big Thanks In Advance for any help offered....

Reply to
El.Plates
Loading thread data ...

You can get a USB to Ethernet adapter or install a network interface card

Reply to
RBM

Connect to it wirelessly and run the setup. This can be pain as you have to reconnect a few times (like when you change the network name and again when you add security) but it can be done. Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.