In-line filters

Your supposed to have the filters on all lines except the one that connects to the DSL modem.

Reply to
GuitarMan
Loading thread data ...

The filter needs to be on all voice lines. The DSL modem needs an unfiltered line. You can put a filter on each phone jack (In the US, "self install kits" come with several of them). Or, if wiring is convenient, you can put a filter at the entrance to the house for all of the phones, and run an unfiltered line from the entry point to the DSL modem.

formatting link

Reply to
dold

Hi

I am new to this so please bear with me.

I am in Sydney Australia and preparing to install a wireless braodband network. I understand that I have to have an inline filter on the phone connection that the ADSL modem will be connected.

My question is :

Do I have to have an inline filter connected to all phone sockets that have a phone atached??

thanks

Michael Meredith

Reply to
Michael Meredith

simplest way is contact your line provider ,Helstra ? and have them install a central dsl filter but do ask about the cost first .

Reply to
atec

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.