I need help getting wifi internet on my laptop

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com pinched out a steaming pile of:

connections are

encrypted.

connecting to

WPA encryption is easily craked: Aircrack and the how-to...

formatting link

Reply to
§ñühw¤£f
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Mike Easter

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ___

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 /\\ =A0\\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0\\:\\ =A0\\

\\ =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0\\:\\ =A0\\

::\\ =A0\\

\\::/__/

=A0 =A0 \\:\\ =A0\\

=A0 =A0 =A0 \\:\\__\\- Hide quoted text -

Thanks so much friend. But I'd still prefer a freeware program that I can download andlet that do the work for me. Sorry for being so fussy.

Reply to
zaman.2756

Reply to
§ñühw¤

Alaska and its voters have been voting back and forth about what to do with the laws concerning predator control for a very very long time. Right now a tiny fraction of Alaska's game control districts has some different more aggressive anti-predator laws than the rest of the state. It is about a balance in the wildlife managment between predator and prey, wolves and bears vs wild ungulates, namely moose and caribou and their calves.

Bears and wolves have been predators on moose and caribous a whole lot longer than since 1998. And the laws concerning what to do about that have been back and forth a lot longer than 1998. Once upon a time the wolves used to be poisoned legally -- not many want that law back in effect.

Reply to
Mike Easter

Here's some cracks for you.

formatting link
Enjoy!

Reply to
James Harrison

Thanks James.

Reply to
zaman.2756

Was there really any need for that crack joke? Please if anyone knows of any freeware for Mac computers that automatically unencrypts the wifi signal,then please be nice enough to give me a link to it. Thanks again.

Reply to
zaman.2756

I would guess that most of the people who are reading your request are against your wish to decrypt the wifi access and are on the side of helping the people whose signal you are trying to steal to be secure against people like you who are trying to steal it.

The signals you should use are those which you have paid for or those which are intentionally open and accessible to anyone who wants them.

The signals you should not use are those which are unintentionally/accidentally open and those which are encrypted with the intention of being secure against your access.

Your employment status is not relevant to the moral, ethical, or criminal aspects of hacking/cracking into a computer network.

Reply to
Mike Easter

I don't care what he does, but the request for software that "automatically unencrypts the wifi signal" comes under the heading of naive and puerile. Gawdhepus. Mac guys are s'posed to be smarter than that.

Reply to
Warren Oates

formatting link

Reply to
J¡m ßéâñ

If the wife is too heavy for you to lift by yourself she would likely break your laptop.

I suggest you try it on TV instead.

Barry ===== Home page

formatting link

Reply to
Barry OGrady

And that is without question the worst web site I have ever seen.

Reply to
Warren Oates

[...]

Nevertheless you appear to have access to a computer with an internet connection.

No.

You have already been told in plain simple terms - go to your local library. Nearly all UK public libraries offer free WiFi.

Reply to
Whiskers

formatting link

Reply to
tom g.

I've always thought that seemed like a great idea. But how can you hook/connect the antenna to your laptop? I've never seen one with a connector for an external antenna.

Reply to
Art

note it's USB wifi (they make/sell lots of em online/in stores), work great, and is rather cheap, however, it's not the hardest most complicated way to do things, so I doubt something that simple/easy will ever be popular...instead of running antenna wire from an internal card, it a whole enchilada external sb device....

here's the one I use both at home and when I travel (had one for 3 years back when they were only B/G along with a 15 foot USB extension cable) let's see, hi gain? yup, directional, yup. N (pre-n) compatible, yup... works with any puter with USB and no built in wifi? yup easy to use, yup easy to set up, have 7 laptops and can move it with ease..... lets see works great/easy.. probably won't sell...... :)

Hi Gain Wireless-300N USB Dish Adapter

formatting link

click on "where to buy" (and select whatever country you are in)

happen to be in the us and want the b/g version (under $60 from amazon)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Thanks so much for the info on USB antennas. But, maybe a stupid question: even if i buy one of these things,will I still have to un- encrypt any wi-fi singals? Thanks and bye.

Reply to
zaman.2756

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com pinched out a steaming pile of:

formatting link

You wont know until you try. Now get cracking!

Just use any open AP's with a good signal...set yer reponse time from "auto" to "long only" to help with latency, IIRC.

HTH

Reply to
§ñühw¤£f

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.