I need dual bank recommendation

actually, you didn't. your numbers were false and misleading.

Reply to
nospam
Loading thread data ...

home users do not need redundant internet, so their speeds are entirely irrelevant.

your numbers are also wrong.

During Q2-Q3 2018, the average download speed over fixed broadband in the U.S. was 95.25 Mbps. Average upload speed was 32.88 Mbps.

no it doesn't.

having a gigabit connection doesn't mean non-stop downloading 24/7.

for many people, it means shorter download times for large items, such as os installers and updates.

nope.

During Q2-Q3 2018, the average download speed over fixed broadband in the U.S. was 95.25 Mbps. Average upload speed was 32.88 Mbps.

the *slowest* speed verizon fios currently offers is 75 mbit and they are heavily advertising gigabit, with all sorts of promos.

2 doesn't invalidate anything.

there are shitloads of routers out there, each of which has many different firmware versions.

every router i've seen with dual-wan (or quad for that matter) has some method of notifying the user.

there might be a router that does not, but i've not encountered it. not offering that would be a dumb mistake on the part of the manufacturer.

Reply to
nospam

Oh good comeback. I post a link to statistics and you declare them false with no opposing statistics..

Reply to
Johann Beretta
<snip>

Oh yeah? Then f****ng explain this:

formatting link
Explain this:
formatting link
Explain this:
formatting link
You're citing, as authoritative, Verizon's LIES. They cap data. End of Story.

I'll concede my 2TB number was off. (The data shows they have caps as low as 7TB). But it was less off than your statement. You said no caps at all. BUT THEY HAVE CAPS. I've presented you with 3 pieces of evidence. Will you simply declare it to be false?

Here's one more:

formatting link
This shows Verizon warning customers using as low as 7TB of data.

That's not what I said. I said you CAN burn though your cap pretty damn fast. But as I've proven to you, Verizon has caps as low as 7TB for FiOS. Now we can do the math... At full speed, on a 1 gigabit connection, it would take you exactly 17 hours 6 minutes 12 seconds to blow through a 7TB cap. MATH - END - OF - STORY

formatting link
Or are you going to dispute actual math?

Well, I gave you the stats and you go to ONE website that measures broadband speeds, ONLY OF THE PEOPLE THAT VISIT IT, and declare it authoritative for ALL situations. I've given you links to research data. Data that was sought and and collected ACTIVELY and not __passively_ as is done by Speedtest.net

See here:

formatting link
Your claims are LIES.

Big businesses have gigabit connections. In most of the US (outside of cities) a 1gbit connection runs about $2,500/month. In some places it's $3,500/month. You think most small businesses are paying that? What the hell would a small business need a 1gbit connection for?

I have a gigabit connection because I own an ISP. I resell it. I certainly don't have a gigabit at home. I can't afford $2,500 a month for internet.

Here's a f****ng breakdown of every single state. Conclusion? 18.7mbps is AVERAGE. Do you know what the word average means?

formatting link
How about this article?
formatting link
I've given you overwhelming evidence, data from research, and links to information that says the average internet speed in the US is less than

20 megabits per second. You declare it to be false. Before you declare the entire news reporting industry to be liars, I'd check yourself.

What's your point? Nobody has it.

As of the end of 2016, Verizon said it had a total of 5.7 million FiOS internet connections. For the full year, Verizon added 235,000 FiOS broadband customers, down from 350,000 broadband subscribers added in 2015.

Assuming a constant adoption of 235,000 subs per year (even though data from Verizon itself, shows adoption to be slowing) we can extrapolate a total of slightly less than 6.7 million subscribers by the end of 2019.

That's nothing.. Coax provides internet to roughly 60,000,000 (10 times as many) subs. So your FiOS stats are both false (no caps) and irrelevant. FiOS usage is less than 10% of cable company provided connection.

Show me anything that says that notification is more prevalent than silent fail-over. I've given proof for everything I've said. I said "some" provide it. To back that up I mentioned MikroTik. One is some. You declare "most" with absolutely no data to back it up. Must be nice to know as much as God.

Here's a list of prices for Cox Business:

formatting link
Look at the prices. It's fact that most businesses in the USA are small businesses (less than 50 employees).

I quote the article: How many small businesses are there in the United States? 28 million. That?s correct: 28 million small businesses in the United States. Not impressed? To put this in perspective, there are 18,500 large companies in the US. That?s 28,000,000 versus 18,500. ========================================================================

18,500 large companies versus 28 FUCKING MILLION small businesses. Most businesses are SMALL.

Now go look at those prices. How much do you figure the average business (a small one) is spending on internet?

A home user can (by your own words) get 1GB for something like $100/month. A business connection, of the same damn speed is more than

8x the cost and comes with a 3 year contract with heavy pre-termination penalties!

Cox Business Internet - 1000 Up to 1000x35 Mbps $780.00/mo for 36 months

Do you think the average small business in the US is paying $800/month for internet?

Reply to
Johann Beretta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.