I GIVE UP!!! how to delete network and start a new one?

I have a home network consisting of a desktop connected to a linksys wireless-G broadband router, the router is connected to my Westel DSL modem both of these are operating fine in my Windows XP operating system.

I'm trying to connect my dell notebook using windows xp pro operating system and a linksys wireless-G notebook adapter WPC54G ver. 2

The network I'm trying to connect to is a wep 128 secure network that I've connected to time and again I typed the key into notepad to ensure it's correctness and save it, I know there is no problem there

However ever since I returned from vacation (using my notebook on various wireless systems) I cannot connect to my home network again.

it still reads limited or no connectivity. When I try to repair it says IT'S HAVING TROUBLE RENEWING IP ADDRESS.

I'd like to just delete or start over with a new network, how do I do that?

thanks Tom

Reply to
tom
Loading thread data ...

If you just came back after vacation, you may want to do one thing.. Turn EVERYTHING off... wait a few minutes, then turn your DSL modem on, wait a few more miins and then turn the wap/router on.....

Used to happen to me all the time when I went off in the RV.. Came home and couldn't connect.. then I found out about turning it off, and then back on (in a specific order, giving time for new leases etc between turning on different things)...

Try that FIRST.. It's a royal hassle to delete the network....

PS If you do get into deleting things, make absolutely sure you have the disks to RE-INSTALL the stuff!!!!

Reply to
Peter Pan

OK, before I completely gave up I read somewhere that I should release and renew in ipconfig

release went fine

renew reported an error occurred while renewing interface wireless network connection: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.

NOW WHAT????

Reply to
tom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.