i cannot access shared internet over the router..plizz help..

i hav a netgear WGR614v7 wireless router,my desktop has a wi-fi port and so does my laptop,both of my machines are connected to the network,and the cable of the internet is connected to my desktop,not in router,internet connection is shared over the network..but stil i cant access the internet on ma laptop..plizz help..

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
jazzy
Loading thread data ...

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 02:04:35 -0500, jazzy wrote in :

plizz use plain English. It's hard to understand you.

Is this what you have (where ... is wireless)?

Internet | +---------+ +---------+ +---------+ | Desktop |....| Wireless|....| Laptop | | | | Router | | | +---------+ +---------+ +---------+

If so, you need to turn on ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on the desktop, and turn off DHCP in the wireless router.

You could do without the wireless router if you set up an ad hoc wireless connection between the desktop and the laptop.

But why not connect the Internet to the wireless router, and connect the desktop to the wireless router either wired or wireless? That way ICS would not be needed, and the latptop could access the Internet even with the desktop turned off.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.