HPNA Network..

I have had for years a 4 PC HPNA network using both Netgear and Linksys cards. This always worked very well for me until I removed them to try some other types of networks.

In trying to return to HPNA, I remember that one pc must remain on with as the gateway along with ICS.

I remember that the setup automatically set up the IP and such for the gateway and the remotes all connected automatically. Does anyone remember the setup?

As an alternative, if I obtained the USB type of HPNA adapters, would I then need an additional phoneline network adapter or would they install as the PCI type does?

Reply to
burris
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:26:19 -0400, burris wrote in :

Are you thinking of the Windows networking wizard?

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks for your reply..

I am coming off a wireless router actually functioning as an access point. I disconnected that router.

I have gone through the network set up routines as well. I should mention that I have XP Pro/SP2 and each PC has an onboard NIC.

I installed the HPNA adapters and drivers and they all show as functioning, but when trying to set up ICS on the PC that will act as the gateway, it won't set up ICS...keeps indicating that the 192.168.0.1 IP that it needs is already in use.

I've released and renewed numerous times on all the machines. Perhaps the NIC on the gateway PC needs to have its IP changed..or could it be that the wireless router IP is lingering even though it is no longer connected. I use all this with a cable modem and VOIP adapter. They all work well.

Thanks for your help..

Reply to
burris

On Tue, 08 May 2007 08:29:38 -0400, burris wrote in :

That message appears because that address _is_ in use. What else is on the network that might have that address assigned (perhaps manually).

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.