how to surf...

it sounds like you're trying to use resources that don't belong to you... i doubt very much anyone here will help you.

Reply to
bryan
Loading thread data ...

Hi everybody, few days ago i bought a new laptop and once at home i discovered to be reached by a wireless connection, i don't know whose it is but without do nothing i'm connected, i mean not just i see this network but i can see the "small monitor" flashing at the right corner of the desktop..! now if i try to open internet explorer i can't see any pages even if i'm connected! Could you give me some advice on how to connect using this connection, some software..maybe?? thanks

Reply to
Sarrus

"Sarrus" wrote in news:8Y0de.93386$ snipped-for-privacy@twister1.libero.it:

Now now what goes around comes around. You do wrong and it will come back to you somewhere along the line sooner or later -- count on it. If you can see that other network, what makes you think that your wireless setup is not being seen too? I doubt that you even know how to protect your own setup let alone trying to compromise someone else's setup. ;-) Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I could be wrong, but I don't think the OP has a WiFi AP, he's just automatically connecting to someone elses.

They may have open authentication, but require a key to get onto the net, or have some other kind of security. Either way, the data you transcieve over someone elses AP is completely insecure, the AP's owner can read your mail, capture your passwords, and impersonate you in online Ecommerce transactions. In short, I'd stay away, and get your own AP and Internet connection.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.