How to Setup a Home Wireless

Does anyone have a good "how to" for this. I have a cable modem with Cox and a Linksys WRT54G (please no posts about V5) with a desktop connected via ethernet to the router. I also have a second desktop connected to the internet with a WUSB54G. In order to network the two machines and share files do I need a second access point or can I configure it all with the router. The second machine sees the wireless via XPs SP2 wireless connection feature. The machine connected via wire to the router doesn't seem to know there is a wireless connection. Please help a newbie

Reply to
Bubba
Loading thread data ...

The router is the gateway device for LAN and WAN and its internal workings automatically allow computers connected to it wired or wireless to share resources with each other. Where you configure the machine to share resources is through the O/S.

formatting link
You may want to take note on Shares and use the Autenticated User Group on shares meaning you must be using NTFS and you must setup a user account on the machine that the share is on for a user on another machine on the network to access the share.

formatting link
formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Reply to
Bubba

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.