How to manually login to Wireless LAN?

Hi:

I am running Windows XP SP1. I installed Belkin Wireless Desktop PCI Adapter. The problem is that, everytime I login to Windows XP, my computer connects to wireless network. But, I would like to manually turn on the wireless connection after I login, since sometimes I do not need to connect to internet. I called the Belkin customer support, but he told me it is not possible. I have difficuilty believing that. I turned on the Wireless Zero Configuration service on and off, but it did not help. Belkin utility has a radio option that I can disable but then I need to do this everytime before I shutdown the PC. I will really appreciate any pointers.

Thanks.

Reply to
hammaer
Loading thread data ...

Start|Connect to|Show all connections

Right click on your wireless connection. From the pop up menu, choose Disable

-- Same process to Enable

Reply to
Jerry Park

Go to Start, Control Panel, Network Connections. Right click the Wireless Connection and disable. When you want to use wireless just enable the same way.

Reply to
CLW

since i sometimes am wireless and wired, i often Right click on my connection icon on the notification area of the task bar and choose "open network connections". then i disable and enable the connections as i need to.

just a thought

Reply to
ajn3323

Awesome, it worked. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
hammaer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.