How to find out ip address of ap

I think that 0.1 instead of 1.1 only works on dlink waps.. By the model # wap54g he gave, it's probably a linksys.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a wired or wireless connection? Some ap's (the wap54g and wrt54g specifically), have an option to set administrative changes are allowed from wireless (yes/no).

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:49:25 GMT, joecov spoketh

The default IP address of the WAP54 is 192.168.1.245.

Lars M. Hansen

formatting link
'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)

Reply to
Lars M. Hansen

Whats the easiest way to find out what the ip address of an access point

is? I have a wap54g at my workplace but cant find the install cd, also

192.168.1.1 does not appear to be working, or is there not a web based

utility for ap's? only for routers? Any help would be great thanks

Reply to
joecov

Try 192.168.0.1?

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

On my router, I can set 192.168.[0-255].1. The other numbers can be changed as well. You may also have a 10.0.0.1 network or whatever. Go to Start > Run and type "cmd". Then type "ipconfig /all" (without quotes, and there is a space beween ...fig and /all). The number it gives under Default Gateway is the address of your wotsit.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

Did you reset the WAP54G back to its factory defaults?

Reply to
Neill Massello

------------------------------------- Hai you can try the following steps to find your ip address

Goto RUN Type cmd dos command opened now, here type ipconfig/all Now your internal ip address shown..

If you want to find your external ip address just visit

formatting link

Reply to
kalavani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.