How to find any computers on the network or hotspot (WinXP)

This is amazing. I've had a few problems that I thought could be someone having already snuck on my system, perhaps while I was in Beijing or Seoul, maybe just here in the states surfing.

I turned the firewall off so it can't be that. I'm running a few scans as we speak but I have a question about logic.

Why, from a logical standpoint, would a virus or key logger, target "net view"?

I don't understand the connection.Meanwhile, I have PLENTY to chew on (WinPCap has been problematic, as has AirSnare). But I've been given the gift of a headstart from you guys and I'll dig some more and then write up a summary for others to benefit from.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
Fuller
Loading thread data ...

Certain versions of Intel PROSet drivers are known to cause IPCONFIG to fail. You might have a similar problem.

Reply to
John Navas

I have the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection (version 9.0.4.3).

The wired adapter is a Broadcom 440X 10/100 Integrated Controller (version

4.37.0.0).
Reply to
Fuller

Current version of Intel Proset is 12.4.4.5/9.0.4.39. The 9.0.4.3 is the low level NDIS5 driver, while the 12.4.4.5 is the user interface and management stuff. Upgrade.

Dunno. Check with your unspecified laptop vendor for the latest network drivers.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.