How to disable Sitecom manager software, and use windows connection manager?

The subject says it all.

One of my users has a Sitecom wireless PMCIA card (WL-112). I need to disable the Sitecom software as it will not support our network - windows connection manager will however.

How do i disable the Sitecom one so I can use the Windows one? My big problem is the laptop is in Hungarian and, I don't speak that - makes life more complicated for me.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
adam.waterfield
Loading thread data ...

I have my news reader set to not display the subject while I'm reading the body of the message. There's enough clutter on the screen. Such clever tricks as not repeating the subject was very useful in the days of 1200 baud modems, where every byte was precious, but in these days of broadband bloat, it's an un-necessary economy. Kindly pretend that the stuff in the header is only useful for attracting the readers attention and inscribe the contents to be stand alone.

There's a check box in the properties for the wireless card, on the Network applet in the control panel, that says "Let Windoze Manage The Wireless Connection". Check the box and Wireless Zero Config will take over. If it's failing, you might want to check the Windoze services under: Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Services and see if Wireless Zero Config is able to start.

You'll probably need some help with the Hungarian.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.