How to determine if Spector Pro Spyware is running on my computer?

Thanks David, on a side note... I bookmarked one of your pages just yesterday on the topic of security. Thanx for that>>

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

If you carried these out, then... well... you spent a lot of time for achieving absolutely nothing.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Ahh Sebastian, I've read your stuff. Your the one who thinks a clean re-install is the only way to remove crapware, eh?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Not if you have a decent backup. At any rate, this is not a matter of opinions, but simple scientific facts.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Just ignore this person! He has wealth of knowledge but is incapable to pass it on to those in need. He does not believe that newsgroups should be used as a vehicle to provide (specific) assistance, go figure.

Reformatting of HDD is the preferred course of action!

"The only way to clean a compromised system is to flatten and rebuild. That¢s right. If you have a system that has been completely compromised, the only thing you can do is to flatten the system (reformat the system disk) and rebuild it from scratch (re-install Windows and your applications)..."

formatting link

There are however a number of reasons where this may not be possible and/or achievable. Not everybody is technically apt to so or has an 'savvy' acquaintance who may be able to assist. There are many users who don't live in cities but reside in less developed environments where professional help just does not exist. They may find the procedures as per:

formatting link
overwhelming and shy away from the perceived complexity. The procedures as per:
formatting link
David's MULTI_AV Tool) have had helped solving uncountable users over many years. And is IMO the next best thing to flatten and rebuild an operating system. Moreover, the best to my knowledge, David never has never denied anybody reasonable assistance figuring out malware challenges.

Reply to
Kayman

Your advice is bogus, at best. If this is all you have to offer perhaps shutting up would be better.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Calling trivial facts bogus is the reason why you should better shut up.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Why so suspicious.

Actually, in hindsight, I wish I knew how programs figure out exactly who is running them. This Spector program, which I apparently don't have on my system based on the help here, apparently wires back home who is using it.

How does it do that? (Is this a right group to ask that question?)

It's a privacy spying computer security internet issue.

I'm assuming it keys off the MAC ID, which can easily be changed.

In general, how does a program (such as Spector) know EXACTLY who is using it and on what computer? Is it the MAC ID or something else that it keys off of?

D
Reply to
Donna

And better yet, could we all foil such keyloggers simply by changing whatever it is that it uses to key off of?

Reply to
Donna

Yeah, right. Why continue to post your useless drivel? You're not actually helping the people asking the question. What's the point? Make yourself feel better? All you're doing is making an ass of yourself. Ah well, someone had to say it.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I do, by pointing out bogus advise.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

where's Brendon?

Reply to
PeroPeroHop

Donna wrote in news:TiRXj.8983$nl7.1206 @flpi146.ffdc.sbc.com:

Ouch... That's probably not a good thing. Maybe it's not for your computer?

Depending on the version, it's storing a copy on your computer; if it's installed there. Not my place to say why it may be present on your computer, but it's worth noting that previous versions basically did a snapshot, so anything you do, is copied. Chat sessions, email, web surfing, and no, you can't erase it from those programs easily.

If it's on that computer, and properly installed, under normal conditions, you shouldn't notice it's presence.

Reply to
Dustin Cook

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.