how to connect a bluetooth headset to a laptop?

Is it possible to connect a bluetooth headset to a laptop?

I have a Motorola HS850 and the laptop is a Dell Latitude D400 with a functioning BT module. I have no problem connecting my phone (Nokia

6820) to the laptop using BT and Nokia software to back up the data. Also the headset works fine with the phone.

btw, the Dell is running "My Bluetooth Places 3.0.1.804" c. Widcomm. The hardware is Dell Truemobile Bluetooth Module with the same version number.

Thanks for any leads.

Reply to
ottawa4sale
Loading thread data ...

put headset in find mode and do a search with lappy....

Reply to
Lez Pawl

Yes.

I have a Motorola HS820 and a DLink DBT-120 using Widcom drivers. That works for Skype and Ciscophone, as well as Windows audio.

Turn your cellphone off, or disable the Bluetooth. Turn the HS850 off, then hold the button until it blinks, and then turns steady. At that point, you should "view devices in range" in My Bluetooth Places.

The Motorola Headset should appear. A double-click should prompt you for the PIN code, which is 0000. Once you pair, you don't need to repeat that step. Power on the HS850, but don't force it into pairing mode.

The HS820 should emit a double-beep every couple of seconds, indicating an incoming connection. Press the button like answering a call, and you should now be an audio device to Windows.

control-panel-sounds would let you select the Bluetooth Audio as the default, which might already have happened. Some other sound program, like Skype, lets you select which audio device you want to use.

start-programs-accessories-entertainment-sound recorder should let you do some testing.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.