How to configure a wireless Access Point D-Link AirPlus DWL-900AP

Hello Everyone,

A friend of mine gave me an old D-Link AirPlus DWL-900AP, without knowing if it still works or not. I don not have the paper manual, but I took a look to the DLink website to get some informations... I connected the AP to my laptop with a lan cable (a normal one, not a crossover one), but I can't find it at the factory-setted address

How can I find the IP address, if somedy changed it? Should I use a crossover cable, to connect the AP directly from my PC? I tried to reset to factory settings the device, but nothing seem to change.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, CDB

Reply to
carlo.debiasio
Loading thread data ...

On 15 Mar 2007 02:09:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.it wrote in :

Did you download and read the manual?

Did you perform a hard reset to factory defaults?

Reply to
John Navas

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.it hath wroth:

Those are actually quite good radios for 802.11b only. They lack the features and acronyms of more modern radios, but are still quite useful. It will act as either a wireless access point or a wireless client adapter. Some models can act as a repeater. You will need to disclose the hardware revision from the serial number to deterine the features available. Also, the early models (A1 and B1) required a USB cable to program and configure. There is also a huge difference between the DWL-900AP and the DWL-900AP+.

The docs are there for all versions from A thru C.

formatting link
?productId=DWL-900AP%2BDon't use the style of the case as an indication of the model number. Use the serial number tag.

I haven't checked the Dlink Italy site (because I can't read Italian).

Try resetting the router with the reset button. Someone may have changed it.

You will need a crossover cable if you're connecting directly to a PC. Check the lights on BOTH the computah and the router to see if the polarity is correct. I don't want to go furthur without you supplying additional information as to the exact model number as they're quite different from each other.

These might also be of interest:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

C.

formatting link
?productId=DWL-900AP%2B> Don't use the style of the case as an indication of the model number.

interest:

formatting link

Thank you all for your help, I downloaded the manual, made other tests, I think that the device doesn't work anymore... Neither after a hard reset to factory settings, and a direct connection (with a crossover cable) to 2 different PCs I could see the device at the address 192.168.0.50.

Thanks all, Cdb

Reply to
carlo.debiasio

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.