how much is this worth?

formatting link

Reply to
Michael Shaffer
Loading thread data ...

Whatever someone will pay for it. Somewhere between $50 (the current bid) and $150 (list price new). You can get wireless APs for on the order of $50, so IMHO it's not very interesting...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Should I just save some money and get a Linksys WRT54G? Only reason I was looking at the Senao is slightly better receive sensitivity.

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

Don't need to save a lot:

formatting link
them (today) for $50, and the local Staples has had them on sale for right around there...

"Slightly better" recieve sensitivity doesn't really amount to much in the real world.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Well, I do not think that the advertised product is a router. If you are considering the WRT54G, then you are looking for a wireless router and this access point/network bridge will not suffice (you'll have to buy a separate router). In addition, the device is 802.11b and only seems to support WEP encryption. For these reasons, I would not recommend bidding on the device.

-Yves

Reply to
Yves Konigshofer

'this' is worth nothing ! State WHAT you talking about ! And don't expect us to go to a website to help you...

Reply to
Martin²

I went with this one since it has WAP and I like the fact that it runs Linux

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.