how do u config a HP Ipaq w/wifi to a netgear m814v2

Depends which iPAQ.. I have a 4500 series (built in WiFi and Bluetooth), and when I tried to do the linksys connect thing with wep, works once in a blue moon (and of course it's been cloudy) but usually no connects etc. I turned off the wep, and went to mac address filtering, and it has been working fine (with fingers/toes/arms/legs all crossed) for a few weeks. Reason I mention the bluetooth, I could never get the share part working with my high speed internet connection, but found this neat little bluetooth modem thing from zoom (plug it into AC, and a phone line into it, and you have a bluetooth modem... and that has been working fine ((albeit slow, only 19.2)) for email).

PS did find a few neat websites for free software for the iPAQ..

formatting link
and
formatting link

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

I have tried a dozen times to connect the HP iPAQ to my wifi but it has only worked once. The Netgear M814V2 is config'd for 128 bit encryption only no Mac filter and WEP on the router is set to auto (I tried open) . I have added the network key and am using Open authentication and WEP data encryption. 802.1x is set to use IEEE EAP type PEAP. I still can't get an DHCP IP from the router. I have my work Dell Laptop on the wifi w/no problems. The config's are not exact as both don't have the same settings but the iPAQ will work if I go to a free hotspot so I know the wifi is good. Any suggestions???? Please don't tell me to call HP, I tried and the person in India and I didn't speak the same English as I do.

Tom

Reply to
trash

Thx I will try this..

Tom

Reply to
trash

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.