How do I Wifi my USB 3g Modem?

I have have a 3g modem and external antenna installed for broadband as I have no landline. This connects via USB to my desktop. The installer could throw no light as to how to make this set-up wireless. There is no other rj45 style modem available. Would I need to connect a router via the LAN and then connect a second PC to this? There is insufficient signal to use a laptop 3g card around the house. TIA.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
tony p
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Rôgêr
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
  1. Add a Wi-Fi network adapter to your desktop.
  2. Install Internet Connection Sharing on your desktop.
  3. Create an ad hoc Wi-Fi network with other computers.

The other computers should then be able to share the 3G connection through the desktop.

Reply to
John Navas

You should be able to invoke Internet Connection Sharing under Windows, and make an ad-hoc connection between the two WiFi adapters.

formatting link
Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a Router "We'll start with a single computer that already has a wired Ethernet broadband connection to the Internet. Then we'll build the ad hoc wireless network in three steps:"

Just substitute your cellular card where they refer to wired.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.