How do I set up a wireless bridge?

Hi,

I have a netgear router connected to the internet and a spare 3com router. I want to use the 3com router to pick up the wireless network from the netgear and then connect 2 old PCs into it's Ethernet ports, giving them network access.

It is not feasible to connect the netgear and 3com routers by wire, nor do I want to get 2 wireless cards for the old pcs.

Is this possible? If so, how? I have explored the wireless and WDS setting in the 3com router but to no avail.

Thanks for any help squelch41

Reply to
squelch41
Loading thread data ...

On 19 Jan 2007 11:35:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

That will only work if the 3COM router can be configured as a wireless Ethernet (client) bridge.

Reply to
John Navas

router can be configured as a wireless

Reply to
squelch41

RTFM. (And please don't switch posting styles in mid-thread, not to mention using a newsreader than can quote properly.)

On 26 Jan 2007 10:59:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

Reply to
John Navas

Reply to
squelch41

On 26 Jan 2007 15:11:44 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

3COM router can be configured as a wireless
Reply to
John Navas

Euh, JSTFW for it...

(Oh alright,

formatting link

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

ta :)

Reply to
squelch41

3COM router can be configured as a wireless

Actually, I did read the manual (strange though it may seem!) This topic is very poorly covered in it however. It merely tells you about WDS and that the two routers need to be on the same channel.

Reply to
squelch41

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.