How do I connect Belkin F5D7230 WAP/WRE <==> F5D7633-4Av1_UK_1.00.009

How do I connect Belkin F5D7230 WAP F5D7633 (Firmware:

4Av1_UK_1.00.009) ??

Problem: When disconnecting the wire, the connection to the wireless connections to WRE are dropped by both clients.

Objective: Extending the range of my wireless router so that client computers out of range from router can connect wireless via the WRE.

I have a full working ADSL connection. Belkin Router & Belkin WAP/WRE are both on the same channel. Security on both are disabled. When the router and WRE are connected by cable, both client machines can connect wirelessly to the WRE ok.

Using MAC Address filtering on both Router and WRE. MAC addresses of all wired and wireless network adapters has been entered into both WRE & router MAC filtering pages.

On the Belkin router I have tried the following in different combinations: Manual Bridge - Entered the the WRE 's WLAN MAC address. Auto - Scanned for WRE, found the WRE and selected the WRE. None - Disabled bridging

I have followed the instructions in the Belkin WRE's manual to the letter. That doesn't seem to be be correct.

Would anyone care to explain what I've been doing wrong ? I'm about to remove all security, including MAC adress client filtering.

Reply to
KnopKop
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.