HotSpot with email capturing

Hi all

I have a free Hotspot coffee shop and would like a relativley inexpensive way to advertise on my WI-FI connection from time to time (pop-ups or redirects) and also have some way of collecting email addresses from the users with minimal frustration to them in order to promote upcoming events and functions, particularly to the regulars.

Does anybody know of a device or service that would enable us to do a little direct marketing to our regulars. We are not against spending some money but not trying to implement a dedicated back-end B2B server either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Reply to
Briggy
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Get a real hotspot router (from the several on the market). You can customize the login page on most to do pretty much whatever you want.

Reply to
John Navas

Anything in particular I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Reply to
Briggy

formatting link
will allow you to do this! I've been doing it for about a year now.

Not only can you show visitors an advertisement or registration page when they first try to surf, but as they browse arround you can replace ads on almost any other website with your own :-)

Reply to
wizkid
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Depending on your needs:

• D-Link Airspot DSA-3100 Public/Private Hot Spot Gateway

• Instant HotSpot

• ZyAIR B-4000 Turn-key Hotspot Gateway
Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.