HomePlug Wi-Fi Extender

I have just bought a Devolo 1215 HomePlug Wi-Fi extender and I'm very impressed with how well it works.

I gather, but not 100% sure but these are my options for my existing Wi-Fi router and my new HomePlug AP:

1) Same SSIDs, same channel. 2) Different SSIDs, same channel. 3) Different SSIDs, different channels.

At the moment I have it setup with option 2 and it works fine. However, I'm a little confused as to what advantages/disadvantages each method may have. Can anyone help?

TIA

Reply to
elziko
Loading thread data ...

Depends if you want seamless roaming or not, and you left off option 1a (same ssid DIFFERENT Channel, that's what I use for seamless roaming, don't know if that is supported by that specific device, I use netgear powerline, and that into another wap/router)... odd that you left that one possibility off your list, ever been to a place like say an airport with a huge area? Those are usually the same ssid but different channels

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.