hmmm,,, strange router problem

Hello all and thank you for your help in advance,

I am trying to use my web server with my Belkin 7230 router. The web server works fine without the wireless router.

I have bellsouth dsl and using ip passthough with my bellsouth modem / router.

I have configured my belkin router virtual servers to route port 80 to my webservers ip given to it by the router however no luck when trying to bring up my page with my static ip. Of course I have no problem when using localhost or the ip given to my webserver from the belkin router.

Any ideas what I may be doing incorrectly?

Again, thank you for any advice you might give. All comments welcome ; )

-dan

Reply to
danno
Loading thread data ...

Well of course, since localhost and the private side LAN IP on the router are the same thing.

And what static IP is that which you are talking about, a static IP from the ISP, the static IP on the router or what?

What are you trying to do here? Are you trying to setup the WEB server so it can be contacted publicly over the Internet or are just trying to contact the Web server period locally on the LAN?

Just what is it that you're trying to do here?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Anybody else? Any intelligent replies welcome. Thank you.

-dan

Reply to
danno

Intelligent replies?

That would be you should know you can't do what you're trying to do with cheap routers.

That would be you expose the WEB server in the DMZ with the WEB server and O/S locked down and harden to attack. But I know you don't know what it means.

Or you use one router to expose it to the Internet with port forwarding.

And the O/S, file system, user accounts, registry and the WEB server harden to attack, which you don't know about any of it.

Or if you're not using MS and Linux instead, then something similar would need to happen to lock the WEB server and O/S down.

You're another *clueless* home user trying to put up WEB site at home and you're are or will be flat-out hack bait.

That's your intelligent reply.

Duane

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Thank you Duane.

Reply to
danno

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.