High traffic on one AP hurts another

Hi all,

I have 3 21dBi sectors setup at 120 degrees each broadcasting with

2.4GHz Tranzeo 4500 series radios. Sector1 has 6 customers, Sector2 has 11 and Sector3 has 11. Total 28 customers. The backhaul is a Tranzeo ZX-5800 5.8GHz. The antennas are separated from each other by at least 8 ft. Each radio is mounted with about 3' of LMR near each of the sectors; set at channels 1, 6, and 11. The AP radios and backhaul radio are all connected to an 8-port SMC switch inside a NEMA box on top of the tower. Power is supplied by 12 gauge Armor-TEK cable. All the AP's have Access Control enabled. Bandwidth is controlled using Linux at my control centre 11 miles away at the other end of the bridge. The bridge has great throughput (about 6Mbps). Even during full activity, I can get my full Internet of 3-4Mbps at the site connected to the switch.

Problem: Whenever one user on sector3 does P2P file sharing, a user on sector2 has huge packet loss to the point of complete outage. It doesn't appear to be causing problems to anyone else as much. What would cause customers on completely opposite sides of each other on separate AP's to get so affected? I have tried 3 different switches and nothing changes.

Whatever the cause may be, I am planning on replacing all of the Tranzeo AP's that I have on all of my AP's very soon. Has anyone else had problems with Tranzeo AP's?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Kevin Brown
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.