help with setting up wireless connection on notebook.

Hello. I hope somebody can help me with this subject.

My pc is connected to the internet by an usb-modem, which has wireless connection to my internetprovider.

This pc with the internetconnection shares it with 2 other pc's connected by ordinary net-cabel and a 5 ports skancom switch.

This is working pretty well.

Now I have bought a notebook (without any wireless card but a connector for net-cable) I would like to connect my notebook to the pc with internetconnection so I also can use the notebook on the internet. But not by a cable - there must be some solution with wireless, a card or usb-adapter.

I will be very thankfull if somebody can give my advices about what to do.

best regards from Erling Simonsen, Herning, Denmark.

--

formatting link

Reply to
Erling
Loading thread data ...

Erling skrev:

Hello. Have got a solution. I bought a wireless Lan Router 54 Mbps and replaced it instead my Skancom switch - and also bought a wireless Lan usb 2.0 stick - 54 Mbps. So now it is working very well. b.r. Erling Simonsen

Reply to
Erling

¨ OK, I was at the dealers store today and asked for changing the usb-stick to a cardbus card, but they told me that the stick was more convenient than the cardbus card, so it maybe a bad advice from them?

OK Thank you for answering me.

best regards from Erling Simonsen

Reply to
Erling

You need a wireless access point to connect to your network switch, and a cardbus card for your notebook.

A cardbus card is more conveinient than a usb device.

Barry

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Its up to you. The usb device is proably on a cable where the cardbus card would be internal.

Barry

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.