help with problem pc on home network

Hi,

I have a adsl router connected by ethernet to a wirless access point. I have 3 machines that connect wirelessly to use the internet etc. One of these machines (the windows 2000) has now stopped being able to get onto the internet and it cannot ping other machines on my home network.

The wireless connection is OK (I connect to my SSID no problem) but when I look at the PC ipconfig it doesn't show the correct IP address. I have DHCP enabled but it would appear that the PC cannot get to the router to get an IP address etc.

Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this?

I have tried re-installing the wireless connector (USB Netgear 54mbps) but this made no difference.

Any help really appreciated!!

Thanks,

Darren

Reply to
fred
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried rebooting the router (which I assume is the DCHP server)? I've had a couple of instances where a PC couldn't get DHCP. Also, the router probably has a log screen where you can see DCHP assignments. Check if the faulty PC is showing up.

Cheers, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

Thanks for the reply Rob.

I haven't re-booted the router as I assumed, that because the other PC can get address's is OK, the router would be OK. I will try this later and see what happens..

Cheers,

Reply to
fred

I have DHCP enabled on my WRT54G, but have assigned static IP addresses to each of the PCs etc. on my WLAN. Have you tried this?

Reply to
__spc__

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.