Help with Gateway Router and Range Extender

I need help setting up a range extender using a Gateway WGR-200 wireless router. I purchased a D-Link and couldn't get into their IP address

192.168.0.30 to set it up. D-Link told me I had to get an extender compatible with the router. I called Gateway and they first told me they don't sell range extenders but their routers are made by Linksys. I then took a shot at using the Gateway IP address 192.168.1.1. I got into the IP address but could figure out how to configure the range extender. I called Gateway back and they then told me they sell a Linksys range extender but would give me no support on setting it up. The technician also told me they were closing down their wireless division in the near future. I called Linksys and they have no record of ever manufacturing that model. I then called Gateway again and this time they told me they manufactured the router but don't sell range extenders or offer support.

So, I want to know if anyone can give me advice on if it's possible to set up ANY range extender with the WGR-200. I also strongly advise everyone to AVOID GATEWAY PRODUCTS. This is not the first time they've given me the run around and their support sux.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

pjbphd

Reply to
pjbphd
Loading thread data ...

Problem is I need a laptop. To my knowledge, local builders don't go there. Am I incorrect on that?

pjbphd

Reply to
pjbphd

Gateway doesn't have any products. They only pay to have their name stamped on shitty junk made and assembled in Taiwan and China. The only thing Gateway has directly is a marketing department who's job it is to make people think that this trash with the Gateway name printing on the box is an American product and a sales department to sell this junk.

Gateway doesn't do support for the Taiwanese built trash with their name stamped on the box. If you are lucky, you might get Abdul from bumf*ck India to read you a prepared script off a computer screen but support is all but nonexistent.

Support your local White Box builder. Find a reputable White Box builder and keep your money and business in your own community. Your support will also come from the same person that actually built your system and who's reputation (that they actually care about) rides on your satisfaction and return business.

Regards, Ed

Reply to
Ed

Reply to
Ben Myers

Reply to
Ben Myers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.