Help with Belkin Access point

i already have a wireless adsl router giving me broadband access throught my home. I now want to extend the wireless network thus enabling me to hardwire my x box into an access point that connects to the adsl router without cables.

I bought an belkin access point with one ethernet port and i hoped i could configure it to pick up my adsl router without being hardwired into it leaving the port free for the x box. However the belkin device will not see my wireless network unless it is hardwired into it.

I use mac filtering and have already added the mac address from the access point to the router. I even turned off the security to see if thats what was stopping the signal and still nothing.

So the question is am i able to configure the belkin device to see a wireless network thus allowing another device to hardwire into it gaining internet access?

all help is much appreciated...

Milo

Reply to
milo4miles
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Model numbers of all hardware?

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.