help: wireless router laptop card problem

hi all

i have a belkin 125mbps wireless router setup. it works with bot pcs fine, but wont work with my laptop.

i have a 54g pcmcia card in the laptop and the belkin software. the network is found no probs but it wont log on. i have set and un set the security, with no luck.

ive installed new / updated drivers and software and uninstalled it and reinstalled it again.

anyone know a quick fix.

any more info i can give please shout.

thanks

scaffman

Reply to
SCAFFMAN
Loading thread data ...

Hi

"If" the card you have is a Linksys WPC54g and your laptop has a Texas instrument cardbus controller you will beed to download different drivers from the website ftp://ftp.linksys.com/beta/wpc54g_beta_driver.zip .

Cheers

Eddie

Reply to
Eddie Rogers

card is a belkin 54g same make as the router,

all worked fine till the last router lost range over night.

hence the replacement.

thanks

s
Reply to
SCAFFMAN

Hi

I have had a lot of problems recently trying to setup a wifi network with a Belkin 54g adsl router.

The problem was that I could only get one pc at a time to connect - I tried absolutely everything, however in the end I did a factory reset on the router and re set it up again since then it has been working ok.

If all else fails try the factory reset.

Good luck

Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Another thought - do you have Norton Internet Security? - if so you may need to set the firewall up to recognise the wifi card until then the firewall may block it intermittently.

And er that's about it no doubt I'll think of something else as soon as I have posted this!!

Cheers

Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Thanks for the replies

but no good, dont use norton.

thing is it was all working perfectly before.

s
Reply to
SCAFFMAN

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.