help require for sending/recieving data from wifi device

Hi all,

I have an HP Ipaq pocket PC and 2.4GHz Access Point. I like to develop an application which will be able to send and receive packets from a wifi device(Application program which will work on Windows CE device). As the result of my searching I come to know that I need to use the NDIS library to access the device and also I have got a tutorial program that can scan and display all the access points.

So my question is how can I open the device to read and write data to the device. I had tried to open the device using IOCTL_NDISUIO_OPEN_DEVICE command through DeviceIoControl function, but its doesn't work for me.

I could get the device handle using createfile API. Can anyone help me to know what is the step by step way to open a this wireless device to read/write data from the device.

Very thanks in advance,

Have a nice day!!!!! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
anilalsam
Loading thread data ...

A question, and then a follow up which model Ipaq? Some have built-in wifi (has to be turned on), and some people use other things (like sdio cards)..

The followup is what are you trying to do? there are lots of free progams that do that (find ap's and log info to the handheld, many even let you connect to the ones it see's, I happen to use wififofum and vmnet browser, but there are lots of others)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.