Help, please: Cannot connect via IE7

Help, please... Why is this thing not working?

All of a sudden, it cannot connect to the 'net. Wired OR Wireless. IE7 simply says "cannot display the webpage".

On a stock Acer Aspire 5100-3583 Laptop, Win XP Media Center, Wireless LAN card is Broadcom 802.11g Ethernet card is Realtec RTL8139/8 10X

"Wireless Network Connection" says "Signal strength" is Excellent, and "Status" is Connected. I even plugged in an Ethernet cable... same IE7 result.

I did Start, Run, Cmd, ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew then ipconfig /all ... the IP, Subnet, and Default all appear valid ... Under "Windows IP Configuration", Primary DNS Suffix is blank, Node type is unknown, IP Routing Enabled is No, and WINS Proxy Enabled is No. Does any of that identify the problem?

I tried updating drivers for both 'net adapters.

I THINK that background programs CAN get to the 'net... Spyware Doctor from PC Tools IS ABLE to get version updates. I can play Backgammon from MSN's Zone.com (I think it plays against another person) Simply,... IE7 cannot get a connection.

Any ideas? Thanks very much, people.

Mark246

Reply to
Mark246
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like your ISP is down. Try to ping google or other site....if it don't ping, your internet is kaput for the time being.

Did you pay Roadrunner...? :-)

Reply to
rieker

I'm on a Cox cable connection, and the 4 other PCs in the house (including 1 wireless laptop) are working well.

ONLY this 1 laptop doesn't connect. On it, I Pinged both Yahoo and Google, and both Worked.

Another idea, please?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mark246

formatting link
One or both should fix things.

Reply to
Unk

I tried both. Same thing happens. Help, please?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mark246

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.