HELP please!!

Ok as of lately my Pc has been acting up a bit here & there mainly if im doing more things then one it trys to lock up & so on i know i don't have any viruses or anything like that so i check out my cpu & mb temps both seemed high CPU = 50c. MB = 56-60c. so i added a chassis fan

[image:
formatting link

My temps drop to that but still same thing any clues on what else i might try?

I not sure but i hope it not the power supply but i know sometime when they go out the pc can act like this

Anyways thanks for the help well check back later

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Pc noobie
Loading thread data ...

Four things will cause the computer to freeze: Overheating Bad Memory Bad sector(s) on the hard drive Virus/Spyware/Malware

Overheating: Clean out the CPU cooler - Remove it's fan and vacuum the lint out of the cooler. (And hope the chip didn't become damaged from heat)

Bad Memory: DocMemory

formatting link
WinDiag
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Gold Memory test
formatting link

Bad sector(s) on the hard drive: MHDD

formatting link
formatting link
Virus/Spyware/Malware: Ad-Aware by Lavasoft
formatting link
- Search & Destroy
formatting link
's Stinger
formatting link
Standalone Virus Scanner -
formatting link
Can't find all the software? Google for Hiren's Boot CD v9.3

Reply to
Unk

Pc noobie hath wroth:

Open the box and look at the electrolytic capacitors surrounding the AMD CPU. Are they bulging, leaking out the bottom, or about to simulate a volcano? A common symptom is erratic hangs. You can also have the problem with the electrolytics in the power supply. Judging by the vintage of your motherboard, this problem is likely.

Please note that your question has nothing to do with either wireless or internet.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.